At Hair & Co BKLYN, we understand the severity of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and we are deeply concerned about the health and wellbeing of our clients and the community. Our hearts go out to anyone suffering during this time for one reason or another. As your local Clinton Hill and Prospect Heights salon, it is our job and responsibility to protect clients and staff by continuing to work safely and diligently as always.
Safety & Sanitation Steps We’ve Taken
In order to protect our clients and staff from any type of illness, we have taken strict sanitation steps to ensure that our Prospect Heights & Clinton Hill salons are a safe environment for everyone. Currently, we are doing the following:
- Surgical Masks, Shields, & Gloves: all of our salon staff members wear masks, shields, and gloves to protect themselves and our clients from any type of fluid or germ exchange.
- Dividers Between Salon Chairs: to add an additional level of social distance, we have put dividers between every salon chair to ensure a comfortable salon experience.
- Mask for Clients: all clients are asked to wear a mask throughout their salon visit. If you are in need of a new mask, please ask our salon staff.
- Staying at Home When Ill: our staff stays at home if they are ever feeling even slightly ill, and we ask the same of our clients.
- Temperature Checks for Clients & Staff: Our Clinton Hill and Prospect Heights salons administer temperature checks to clients and staff prior to entering the salon to ensure a healthy environment.
- Recent Travel Check: all clients and staff are asked about recent travel outside of New York state within the last 14 days. If anyone has recently returned from travel to a state with a significant degree of COVID-19 community-wide spread, we will not allow entry and request that you quarantine for 14 days, following state government regulations.
- COVID-19 Testing for all Staff: New York is the only state that mandates all hair salon staff be tested every two weeks for COVID-19. Hair & Co BKLYN has partnered with a local healthcare provider to do routine testing for all of our staff members.
- Adequate Handwashing: all of our staff members wash their hands with antimicrobial soap and/or an alcohol-based hand gel. We ask all of our patients to do the same while in our salons; soap and/or alcohol gel is provided.
- Routine Cleaning & Disinfection: at Hair & Co BKLYN, we disinfect everything between client appointments, including surfaces, the salon chair, and all hair instruments.
Recently a client named Simran stated, “I’m so impressed with how Hair & Co BKLYN has handled the pandemic and reopening. I really got the sense that the owners cared about their stylists just as much as they care about their customers.” With these sanitation steps, you can feel confident knowing you are in a safe environment for your haircut in Brooklyn.
Schedule Your Next Hair Appointment in Brooklyn Today!
To schedule your next haircut or barbering appointment in Brooklyn, book online! Hair & Co BKLYN promises a great color, cut, and style in a safe and healthy environment. Stop by our Clinton Hill or Prospect Heights salon today!